So you’re ready to plan a party, wedding or event in New Orleans? We’ve got you covered …
Here’s a checklist of event planning essentials to help you turn an ordinary space into the extraordinary place you want it to be!
- Book venue (or rent a tent!)
- Hire caterer and plan menu (buffet style or formal dinner, drink menu, dessert)
- Welcome / entry signage
- Sign-in board or guest book
- Overall room décor (balloons, banners, lighting accessories, etc.)
- Seating cards
- Tent accessories and table décor, including linens, place settings, glassware, centerpieces, votive candles, napkins / napkin rings, etc.
- Confirm DJ or band – leave room for a stage
- Confirm photographer and/or videographer
- Design and print personalized or professional programs if needed
- Create “day of” schedule and name a day of coordinator
- Confirm headcount and go over last-minute details